Our services include testing and exposure of various components of a building to support or refute claims of construction deficiencies. Testing services include level surveys, infrared scans, intrusive testing, ASTM E1105 testing of windows and doors, (1) ASTM E2357 Air Barrier, (2) E779 Pressurization, (3) and E283 Air Leakage, (4) ASTM 1186 Air Leakage, (5) ASTM C1060 Thermal Inspective, (6) ASTM D6381 Shingle Uplift, (7) ASTM C719 Sealant Test. Each of these evaluations help SBSA determine any defects in construction, possible causes, and manifestations of damage.
Our testing and analysis can include:
- Relative Level Surveys aid in the assessment of structural movement
- Window Performance Testing can help to ascertain sources of water leaks, as well as the general
- performance and installation of windows, doors, and the surrounding assembly
- Infrared Imaging are used to identify potential anomalies that may be sources of air loss or water infiltration
- Blower Door Testing can help evaluate the weather- and air-tightness of a building
- Intrusive testing allows our investigators to confirm as-built construction and chase water infiltration. Samples collected during intrusive testing are sent to independent, certified testing labs to confirm what, if any, biological growth or toxins are present
In the field of forensic work, thermographic imaging can provide an indication of potential damages that are caused by air, water or thermal changes. The thermal image provides a visual…
Building codes now require spray testing of walls where there’s at least one opening—this testing ensures that the entire building envelope resists wind-driven rain and moisture. Because windows interrupt the…
Air Barrier Testing
SBSA performs air barrier testing of commercial and residential buildings to determine the field installed performance of the constructed air barrier systems. Air barrier testing is performed in accordance with…
Need an expert analysis for your insurance claim?
Submit an insurance claim form and SBSA will:
Review the claim
Determine and assess the damage
Examine potential causes of the damage
Provide repair solutions if necessary
SBSA holds licenses in 39 states throughout the US. Our experts handle all engineering and architectural aspects for our clients.
See where we’re working right now: