Welcome to SBSA Careers!
SBSA, Inc. is an engineering and architectural firm located in Golden, Colorado that specializes in Forensic Engineering and Architecture, New Design, Construction Management, and Re-design of properties. We deliver Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Administration, Building Envelope Repair, Forensic Analysis, and Performance Testing services in over 30 states to various clients, including: attorneys, HOAs, homeowners, developers, and builders.
Join our talented team of professionals in Forensic Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management and Analysis to ensure that our clients have a balance of strategic thinkers who champion both distinctive and inventive approaches.
Please find available career opportunities listed below:
Architectural/Engineer - Waterproofing and Roofing analysis
Architectural/Engineer for waterproofing and roofing analysis, claims damage reviews, reporting, and testing for as-constructed assemblies involved in property damage claims or construction disputes. Candidate should have RRO™ or other accreditation by RCI, Inc. Experience in Engineering or Architectural Disciplines regarding building envelope work will be considered for candidates.
Architectural/Engineer with specialty in Building Evaluation of As-built structures, including geotechnical and structural interactions, structures, building façade evaluation, quality assurance and construction management.
SBSA is looking for an individual that has the ability to edit and proof technical documents for grammar, punctuation, syntax, understanding, and flow. The preferred candidate has strong tactful communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to multi-task, manage schedules of Department Heads, answer phones, and correspond via email and phone with clients, consultants, and in-house staff. This individual will utilize the above-mentioned skills to provide support to Project Managers and Executive team members as outlined below.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proofread – Ability to edit engineering and architectural reports for grammar and punctuation. Proficiency in applying preset reporting style guides.
- Coordination – Ability to coordinate report writing schedules with Project Managers and members of the Executive team to achieve deadlines. This includes coordination with all parties writing the report, as well as issuing reports with any and all attachments. Coordination and communication with remote staff based in out of state offices.
- Support – Ability to meet the various reporting and organizational needs of Project Managers and Executive team members. Willingness to take on extra duties to increase company efficiency.
- Scheduling – Ability to manage multiple Outlook calendars and set up meetings.
- Correspondence – Proficiency in utilizing verbal (phone) and written (Outlook) mediums to correspond directly and indirectly with clients, consultants, and in-house staff.
- Answer Phones – Ability to answer and direct calls to appropriate parties in a friendly and up-beat manner. Assist receptionist as needed.
- File Maintenance – Ability to organize and maintain hundreds of physical and electronic job files.
- Event Planning – Ability to plan, set-up, and coordinate company events with the appropriate department manager and/or the Executive Assistant.
- Strong tactful communication skills – Verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Expert knowledge in Word and Excel preferred
- Familiarity with Dropbox, WeTransfer, and related file share applications
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat
- Prioritization skills
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related fields preferred.
or 3 to 5 years of Administrative Assistant or other similar support role experience.
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly Compensation – Commensurate with experience